Simple and delicious Italian Chickpea Pancake
Farinata is an Italian chickpea pancake. Rich in proteins. Easy, fast and super healthy side dish you can add to your lunch, dinner or even breakfast.
500ml of water
170 gr of chickpea flour
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of thyme
1 tsp of salt
- Combine the water with the chickpea flour, salt, and olive oil, mix it well until there are no lumps
- Keep the batter in the fridge for 2 -4 hours. Before using the batter, eliminate the bubbles formed on the top of the batter.
- Add the salt and the thyme to the mix and stir. You can add any other ingredient you like. For example pepper or some chili if you want to make it a little bit spicy. If you feel creative try adding some vegetables like roasted onions or tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 250ºC. And in an oven fry pan spread some oil on so that the batter wont stick. Then add the mixture. If you want to add some more rosemary to decorate it
- Baked for 20 minutes, until it is brownish. Then let it sit at room temperature. Right out of the oven it will be wet and a bit mushy.
- Enjoy this delicious dish