Focaccia: Healthy – Whole Grain
The most delicious Italian bread
Focaccia is probably my favorite thing to eat when in Italy. This whole grain, rye focaccia is super easy, delicious and packed with fiber.
1 cup of rye flour
1 cup of whole grain flour
1 cup of plain flour
7,5 grams of baker´s yeast
310ml of warm water
3 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of rosemary
- Mix the baker´s yeast and the warm water in a big bowl. Next, add the olive oil the rosemary and the flours. Mix it until well combined. You need to get a soft dough.
- If the dough is to sticky add some more flour. Start by adding 1 tbsp of flour and increase it if you need to
- Continue kneading the dough in a clean surface. Sprinkle some flour on the surface before kneading the dough. Knead for about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Once you are done kneading add some olive oil to the initial bowl and incorporate the dough and move it so the whole dough is cover in olive oil.
- Cover it with a clean cloth and let it sit for an hour. After an hour the dough should have double its size
- Once the hour has passed take the dough and knead it a little bit more. We want it to be soft and uniform.
- With the help of a roller, try to stretch the dough in a circle or rectangular shape ( this is up to you) but make sure the dough is at least 4 cm thick.
- Move the dough to a baking tray. Prick the dough with a fork, add some more rosemary, sea salt, and olive oil.
- Cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 180ºC (350ºF). Introduce the baking tray with the dough into the oven and let it cook for about 30 – 35 minutes. Until the focaccia gets a golden touch.
- Once out of the oven let it sit for like 10 minutes before eating it or cutting it.
P.S ( You can add any ingredient to the Focaccia, olives, pepper, garlic, basil or any other ingredient you like)