Stuffed Peppers with lentil Curry
These stuffed peppers with lentil curry are high in protein and healthy fats. Lentils are a great source of plant-based protein, plus they’re high in fiber and iron. The ginger, garlic, and onion combo help boost your immune system helping the body fight any possible infection.
For the filling
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 clove of garlic
1/2 cup of green peas
2 cups of lentils
1 tsp of ginger
1 tbsp of curry
1 tsp of turmeric
1 tsp of cumin
1 tsp of cinnamon
For the Sauce
1/2 an onion
1/2 cup of vegetable broth
1/3 cup of white wine
For the peppers
- In a large pan add some olive oil and cook the garlic, half a chopped onion, and the ginger for about 3 minutes, until the onion gets a little bit brown. Then add the curry, cinnamon, cumin, and turmeric.
- Add the carrot (cut into small pieces) and the green peas. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Once the vegetables are cooked and the lentils (rinsed and clean) and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Last stuff the peppers with the curry lentils and set aside
For the sauce
- In a large cooking pot add some olive oil and cook the other half chopped onion and the grated carrot. Stir for about 3 minutes or until onion is starting to look transparent.
- Add the vegetable broth and white wine. Try it and see if it needs a little bit of water or more vegetable broth
- Introduce the stuffed peppers and cook until peppers are soft. Around 10 – 15 minutes. If you are using an express crock pot this will only take 4-5 minutes