Treat yourself over winter with this vegan & whole grain banana bread. Charged with potassium, vitamin C, and Magnesium.
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 cup of spelt flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1tsp of baking powder
2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp of water)
1 cup of almond milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven 200ºc
- Mix the dry ingredients; Flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract
- Mash the bananas. When completely mashed mix them with the flax eggs, the almond milk and melted coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and stir until completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before slicing.
- When pouring the mix into the baking pan, make sure the oven is at the right temperature. Don’t let the mix sit in the baking pan for a long time or the banana mix will end up in the bottom.