Vegan Parfait with Coconut Kefir
Simple, delicious and nutritious
This Vegan parfait is full of nutrients and probiotics that will help restore your gut and keep it happy. Coconut Kefir is a great alternative for vegans plus it tastes delicious. Also, it is packed with B vitamins, proteins and calcium. Chia seeds add omega 3s, which are so necessary for the good function of the body. Blueberries bring some extra flavor, color, and sweetness to the parfait.
250 ml homemade coconut kefir
2 tbsp of chia seeds
2 tbsp of frozen blueberries
- In order to make coconut kefir, you will need three things. Some Kefir grains, a can of full-fat coconut milk, a crystal jar and a cloth. Add the Kefir grains to the coconut milk. Mix it in the jar and cover it with a cloth. Let it sit for 24-36 hours in a “warm” place.
- Once, the 24 hours have passed. Strain the coconut kefir with a plastic sieve in order to separate the grains from the rest. Store it in the fridge for a couple of hours, and it will be ready to enjoy.
- Add the chia seeds to the coconut kefir. Let it sit for at least 2 hours before eating it
- Once the chia pudding has the perfect consistency add the de-frozen blueberries and some more coconut kefir to the parfait
- Last, add some toppings. Cocoa nibs, bananas, some nuts. Whatever you feel like adding.
- If you like things a little bit sweet you can add some maple syrup or coconut sugar. For me, the combination of bananas and blueberries is sweet enough.