Vitamin C: The Miracle Maker
Why do you need Vitamin C in your Routine
If you want to look younger or want to start taking care of your skin. There is one ingredient that you should definitely incorporate in your skin routine. Vitamin C creates a brighter complexion and evens the skin tone.
We all wish we could look like we were 20 while on our 40s or 50s. Taking care of the skin can sometimes seem like a super tedious work and normally we don’t know what we should buy, which serums are good. Too many names and too many fake promises of achieving the perfect skin.
I know the struggle that is why I want to share with you one key ingredient that you should definitely take into consideration when starting a beauty routine. Vitamin C is by far one of the most important ingredients if you’re looking for reducing wrinkles, fine lines and all aging signs from your face.
When added to your skin routine, vitamin C provides a range of benefits that will help keep your skin looking younger and healthy.
What are the benefits of Vitamin C
- It is a great antioxidant. Which means it is in charge of protecting healthy cells from free radicals, plus it prevents the appearance of dark spots caused by premature aging. Vitamin C helps protect the skin from all these radicals and avoid the skin to oxide fast.
- Reverts sun damaged. Ultraviolet rays cause the skin to oxide causing the appearance of wrinkles and spots. Vitamin C has proved to protect the skin cells from this damage and also help prevent it.
- Essential for collagen Boost. Collagen is key to keep the skin firm. Vitamin C helps the skin produce more collagen.
- Illuminates the skin. Vitamin C prevents and protects the skin from hyperpigmentation, caused by sun exposure. It inhibits tyrosinase enzyme decreasing the production of melanin and also reduces the oxidation of the melanin that has already been produced.
- Increases the skin protection against UV rays. Vitamin C doesn’t absorb UV rays: it works better when combined with vitamin E since this one can increase the efficiency of vitamin C by 8%
- Lastly, it is anti-inflammatory. Vitamin C has a great anti-inflammatory action, which means it can be used in skins with acne or rosacea skins to help with the blemishes.
Vitamin C Serums I like
- Clinique fresh pressed daily booster with pure vitamin C
- Kiehl´s Powerful Strenght line reducing concentrate